Saturday, April 27, 2013

End of the Year/Graduation

<a href
I want to share some of the things I've done in the past at the end of the school year. Last year my daughter graduated high school, and we had a HUGE party for her. I wanted a really special way to display the dozens of cupcakes that we had and came up with the graduation cap you see below. The bottom of it is a wash tub that I spray painted blue, and the top is a piece of foam that I also spray painted. The tassle was made out of yarn. It was a huge hit!
 

 
At the end of the year I have each of my students make a handprint for me to hang in the classroom as border along the top of my wall.  I have handprints of students who will be graduating high school next year and I teach 1st grade.  Students love to come in once in a while and see their handprints.  Parents come in at open house from year to year to see their babies' handprints.  I started this the first year I began teaching at this school and I treasure it.
 
For more end of the year ideas please click on the graduation cap above.




0 comments:

Post a Comment