Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Resolutions for the Classroom




After moving from so many years of my little firsties into the world of middle school with my 5th-8th graders I honestly had no idea what I was doing or what to expect.  With an entire semester under my belt I can look back and reflect on my time so that I can improve my teaching to ensure student learning.  Here are some resolutions that I have for my classroom that I hope help my students.

1.  Laugh, laugh, and laugh some more with my students.  
        I want to include more humor in my lessons.  I'm going to strive for my kids to come into the room with a laugh and leave with a laugh.

2.  Get my students up and moving more.  
        I used a lot of movement with my firsties when I taught them and have included some movement in lessons with my older students but it is my goal to include more so they are more engaged in their learning.

3.  Communicate with my students' parents more.  
        One of the biggest challenges I've faced is going from an average of 20 students to 75.  I need to include a lot more communication with all of my parents and will strive to do a better job with that.

What are your New Year's Resolutions?




0 comments:

Post a Comment