Saturday, January 12, 2013

100th Day of School


This is a little something that I put together for my students.  They loved it.  You can get a page to print and copy to help you out over in my store.

FREEBIE!!!!

www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/100th-Day-Freebie-Page








I made cupcakes for all the students in our Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade classrooms with a few left over for staff.
I used Mike and Ike candy for the 1 and Fruit Loops for the 00.





I used paper plates and wrote "We are 100 days smarter" on the, punched holes, strung white yarn, and hung them in the hallway for the kids.  They loved it!!!




I went shopping today and wandered around trying to think of that great new idea to share with my kids this coming Friday for our 100th day of school.  So here it is and I'd love some feedback.

Each student will a quarter sheet of poster board, sheet of paper with "100 Days Smarter" printed on it. I'm going to print it in such a way that they can color in the letters (pictures coming soon), and 100 items to decorate the border with.  They will get a baggie of 20 colored marshmallows, 20 red hots, 20 spray painted lima beans, 20 dyed macaroni elbows, and 20 fruit loops.  They will smear glue around the border and then place their 100 items around to decorate it.  I'm doing this with about 50 students when the other two teachers participating with me in this fun day trade classes.  Please give me some feedback.

With my kids I'm giving them a headband to put 100 stickers on the band and then 100 pieces of thin strips of paper to attach to the band.  I'm hoping to get the strips of paper to stand straight up.

For the cupcakes I'm going to put a Mike and Ike piece of candy and two fruit loops on the top to make the number 100.

I'm hoping to figure out how to add  pictures to my blog so I can share all of this with you all.

Please let me know what you think and if you have any tips....share please!!

I would love to start my blog with great stories about how you plan to celebrate the 100th day of school!
We are a small school so there is only one section of each grade. Kindergarten, myself (1st), and 2nd grade each choose a different activity and then the kids rotate among the rooms to participate in each activity.  Last year I had 100 Hershey Kisses (each one with a number from 1 to 100 on the bottom) that I mixed up and handed out to the kids. They put them back in order on a large 100's chart.  The student with the 100 on the bottom of their Kiss gets a special prize.
Each teacher also does individual activities in the classroom.  In the morning i challenge my kids to take 100 Accelerated Reader tests.  They  love the challenge.
I also share a cake that with everyone that I've prepared.  This year I plan to make 100 special cupcakes to share.  I have come up with a cute design for the top.  Hopefully I'll be able to get a picture on here when I get them completed.
At the end of the day we have a balloon pop. Each student gets a balloon that has a number in it.  One special balloon has the number 100 in it.  After they pop the balloons the lucky winner gets a container filled with 100 pieces of candy.

Please share what you plan to do.

I love blogging and am so excited that you are reading my ideas!



6 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! Last year, we rotated throughout the other classrooms, too. It was fun. I actually had two activities in my room. For the life of me, I cannot remember the first one but it was arts and crafts based. The second one? The kids got $100! Well, they got to cut out ten 10 dollar bills with the teachers' faces plastered on them. Fun! This year? Not sure yet! Oh- I did have them walk through a very decorated door with streamers hanging own that said, "You're 100 Days smarter."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ideas! The money with the teacher's picture is awesome! I'm going to "steal" the streamer idea. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my students collect 100 pennies throughout their house, car, etc. Parents Love this Idea! The students bring the pennies in sandwich bags with their names prewritten on them. On the Hundredth day, they bring them in and take then out and count them one by one on a hundreds chart. They compete by tables to see which group brings in the most pennies. I post the results as each table counts their pennies. In the past I've used the pennies to purchase books, crafts, snacks, or anything the class has needed. It prevents the "messy" assignment of bringing in 100 items from home. I did that one year and it took 2 days to give everyone a chance to show their items. Then the students have to take the items home...for what???? I remember my child having this assignment and while it was fun gathering the items to take to schoola, when he brought them home, I was like...what are we going to do with 100 ____? Anyway, the 100 pennies idea has worked well for years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have changed what I do with hundreds day many many times. My favorite thing now is to do a balloon pop. Every child gets a ballon with a number and one lucky child will get the ballon with the number 100. They always get some sort of prize for having the winning balloon. They love the noise and they are so funny to watch.

    I am so glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little snack you provided the children shaped as the numeral 100! I love the "...You are 100 days smarter!!" insert you included with the snack. Thanks for providing it as a freebie at your TeacherspayTeachers store.

    I'll bet the children loved popping the 100 balloons.

    Zoom Zoom Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Zoom Zoom! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!! It was so much fun to watch them jumping up and down trying to pop those balloons.

    ReplyDelete